Saw this tooth online recently, it already sold but it was listed as a Tarbosaurus Tooth but it reminds me more of a carcharodontosaurus tooth but then again I am unsure nor familiar with tarbosaurus teeth, what do you guys think? I have included all photos in the listing.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

Really would have to take a closer look at the serrations to determine that, the photos are not adequate because of the preservation and excessive consolidant used. I don't see blood grooves by the denticles and that is a feature of Carcharodontosaurid teeth.  Looks pretty fat especially the tip, characteristics of a Tyrannosaurid so its not out of the question.  I would lean more to it being a Tarbo than a Carch but would need to hold it for closer inspection.   The color fits Tarbo's as well as Kem Kem teeth.

@Troodon Thanks for the input, that's kind of scary theres a possibility, wish I could've provided more pics but to bad it got away unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Ryann10006 said:

@Troodon Thanks for the input, that's kind of scary theres a possibility, wish I could've provided more pics but to bad it got away unfortunately.

Yup, I also have been watching it for a few days,bid but missed it as well.

Oh well... better luck next time.

Archived