Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I could be doing other things, but it’s the first weekday off school, and I wanted to do something Fossil related. So, I took some of the my favorite self-collected brownies teeth and put them into a riker. The riker originally held a composite Carcharodontosaurus, which meant a lot of empty space, so I moved it into storage until I can get a better case for it. So what do you guys think?

key:

Top row-Hemis, including a patho, a white one, and a lighting struck one

middle group: Cows, all Bluntnose sevengill (Notorynchus Primigenus/cepedianus) , including my symphyseal.

bottom left: Carcharodon hastilis teeth 

bottome right: Fragalodons

last picture is one inch scale.

9A0D1B25-3590-4425-9E5B-38FBF8948BD0.jpeg

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2DB71A75-5529-4C7B-B064-F9102E848F21.jpeg

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Amateur Paleontologist

Yeah, neat display :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice display.

Love the hexanchus teeth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ynot said:

Nice display.

Love the hexanchus teeth.

Thanks! I made an error which I will edit, I forgot the scientific name,they are Notorynchus teeth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Yeah, neat display :)

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thanks! I made an error which I will edit, I forgot the scientific name,they are Notorynchus teeth.

I can never tell which is what anyways.:hearty-laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will start the bidding at $20!:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I will start the bidding at $20!:D

Going once, twice, and sold! Once you make the twenty dollar payment, I will send you the picture immediately!:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Going once, twice, and sold! Once you make the twenty dollar payment, I will send you the picture immediately!:P

:ighappy:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing collection! Looks great in the riker. I have done something similar with my teeth this weekend!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Amazing collection! Looks great in the rikter. I have done something similar with my teeth this weekend!

Thanks! I’m thinking of doing similar things with other sorts of fossils, especially Shark vertebrae, cetecean caudal verts, and the more common Miocene teeth. Once those are done, I’ll move on to the Paleocene stuff. I wonder how much the cases cost? I’ve only had them come with things. Anyway, I keep an eye out for yours!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thanks! I’m thinking of doing similar things with other sorts of fossils, especially Shark vertebrae, cetecean caudal verts, and the more common Miocene teeth. Once those are done, I’ll move on to the Paleocene stuff. I wonder how much the cases cost? I’ve only had them come with things. Anyway, I keep an eye out for yours!

I will DM you a few places you can buy them including one place I saw today being advertised on facebook however it's probably better to search around more as there will be other cheaper places to buy them for sure! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find these rikers can really help to save space. My failed attempt below at organising my collection a little. It's still a work in progress as my collection expands but they are really useful.  I literally spent a good few hours throwing away boxes today. 

20180618_133532crop.jpg

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice my favorites are the Notorynchus teeth.  I use rikers for all my dino  and shark teeth, they are great and the different thickness accomodate megs or cow shark teeth.   Not cheap 

 

Two suppliers 

http://indianriverdisplay.com/black.htm

 

http://www.chdisplay.com/rikermountswithwhitepolyfill.aspx

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

find these rikers can really help to save space. My failed attempt below at organising my collection a little. It's still a work in progress as my collection expands but they are really useful.  I literally spent a good few hours throwing away boxes today. 

I find myself doing the same, I hope that I can organize my collection over the summer. :fingerscrossed:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Very nice my favorites are the Notorynchus teeth.  I use rikers for all my dino  and shark teeth, they are great and the different thickness accomodate megs or cow shark teeth.   Not cheap 

I’ve come to like the Cow shark teeth as well. Funny how they start popping up once you get an eye for them. 

I agree, they seem to be the gold standard for presentation and organization. They aren’t very cheap, but they seem necessary so I might get a few every now and then.

Thanks for the advice and the suppliers!

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

I find these rikers can really help to save space. My failed attempt below at organising my collection a little. It's still a work in progress as my collection expands but they are really useful.  I literally spent a good few hours throwing away boxes today. 

20180618_133532crop.jpg

Very nice youre getting there.  Rikers are very difficult to obtain in the UK but its the way to go.

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Very nice display. Good work.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnBrewer said:

Great display Mason!

Thanks John! I’ve been setting some teeth aside to send you and have been meaning to send them to you, I keep forgetting. Hopefully I’ll get to that soon!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Along with several different rikers I use these gem displays also. Haven’t found a person stateside that sells these yet but I really really love these

6BC9F7A2-C9C9-47D5-8985-0CF262EE3B0D.jpeg

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I could be doing other things, but it’s the first weekday off school, and I wanted to do something Fossil related. So, I took some of the my favorite self-collected brownies teeth and put them into a riker. The riker originally held a composite Carcharodontosaurus, which meant a lot of empty space, so I moved it into storage until I can get a better case for it. So what do you guys think?

key:

Top row-Hemis, including a patho, a white one, and a lighting struck one

middle group: Cows, all Bluntnose sevengill (Notorynchus Primigenus/cepedianus) , including my symphyseal.

bottom left: Carcharodon hastilis teeth 

bottome right: Fragalodons

last picture is one inch scale.

9A0D1B25-3590-4425-9E5B-38FBF8948BD0.jpeg

 

Love those notorynchus!!!

 

cant wait till October comes around so I can go back to the Cliffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Woopaul5 said:

 

Love those notorynchus!!!

 

cant wait till October comes around so I can go back to the Cliffs 

Thanks! Perhaps I’ll see you out on the cliffs!

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...