Jacob L

So I’m so eager to find some kind of fossil that at this moment everything looks like a fossil to me. But today on the beach i found this weird formed object about 50 cm deep. Anyone has any idea if this is a stone or a fossil?

It is also very light, not stone like at all...

found this on Zakynthos, Greece on a beach close to Banana Beach about 30 mins away from the capital. 

D02FC926-BA45-4A2E-90D5-E23066BA9D97.jpeg

Jacob    raptor-hatching-more-brilliant-jw-fan-art-including-this-amazing-portrait-of-of-raptor-hatching.thumb.jpg.6b62cfe354d42f447e7eb29633142690.jpg   

"God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man, Man destroys god. Man creates dinosaurs."

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

1 minute ago, ynot said:

A weathered sedimentary rock, not a fossil.

Awesome thanks! It’s still cool so I guess I’ll keep it. 

Jacob    raptor-hatching-more-brilliant-jw-fan-art-including-this-amazing-portrait-of-of-raptor-hatching.thumb.jpg.6b62cfe354d42f447e7eb29633142690.jpg   

"God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man, Man destroys god. Man creates dinosaurs."

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

Maybe man-made?

Is this a seam that runs around it?:

~~.jpg

Could it have been molded of a 'light-weight' material?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

3 minutes ago, Auspex said:

Maybe man-made?

Is this a seam that runs around it?:

~~.jpg

Could it have been molded of a 'light-weight' material?

No, not a seam it's some kind of small shallow crack. It's not molded, I took a closer look at it but couldn't find any kind of seams.

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

1 minute ago, Auspex said:

s this a seam that runs around it?:

Looks like a  thin mineralized vein with slight displacement of the opposing sides.

In focus picture would help to clarify the issue.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Just now, ynot said:

Looks like a  thin mineralized vein with slight displacement of the opposing sides.

In focus picture would help to clarify the issue.

I'll see what I can do.

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

This is the best I got from it, had to do it with my phone. Left my camera at home(country)

C2427A31-C563-49AA-A3BA-4D00DFCC2B35.jpeg

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

2 minutes ago, ynot said:

What I said earlier still fits.

Ye it’s a rock, when I’m home home I’ll put it under my microscope to see what’s inside those cracks. Thanks for the help tho!

• I found this Informative 1

- Dr. Ian Malcolm