L.S.,

To liberate storage space, I would like to offer the following plant fossils for trade. All specimens below come from the Late Carboniferous of the Piesberg quarry near Osnabrück (Germany). Scale on photographs in centimetres (1 inch = 2.54 cm). Specimens B, C, F and G show neuropterid fronds of various sizes (most likely Laveineopteris rarinervis). Note specimens B and G were recovered broken and have been glued/repaired. Specimen E is a large plate and shows reproductive structures of Calamites (E-1), a Laveineopteris frond (E-2), a strap-like Cordaites leaf, and some Annularia-like leaf whorls. If interested, I could also offer the counterpart of E. If preferable, I can cut specimen F to size (currently large slab of rock for the actual imprint). In general, please note that these specimens are rather large and heavy (I will cover the shipping costs, but you will need space to display these pieces). In return, I would be mainly interested in plant fossils from the Devonian to Cretaceous (but feel free to offer younger material also).  

Kind regards,

Tim

Specimen B:

B.thumb.JPG.c1423d1088f5203fa372d475bd4a2464.JPG

Specimen C:

C.thumb.JPG.cc23515eb3ff418b1ec6321d460f9700.JPG

Specimen E:

E.thumb.JPG.99490f94c3e70c11c663d83b1e2fa410.JPGE-1.thumb.JPG.2f741c2b7121a69c4164cbd1dd4dd868.JPGE-2.thumb.JPG.7991e3cb37fc431f2147298c3b5fdacc.JPG

Specimen F:

F.thumb.JPG.fd81c75733ec0abe84d23b14c9bc4b81.JPG

Specimen G:

G.thumb.JPG.c47547f25310c0a511bcd714eaa29e6b.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

Searching for green in the dark grey.

Tim, these are very nice pieces indeed.  I personally do not have any items that I can trade you with. Most of my collection would be of the same ages as you have there.

Perhaps given more time, someone may come along with what you desire.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps my phrasing was a bit unfortunate... With Devonian to Cretaceous I meant everything in between (i.e. Devonian, Carboniferous, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic or Cretaceous). So if you're interested in trading these specimens for Carboniferous material from a different locality, I would definitely be interested. 

Searching for green in the dark grey.

I too love the specimens but not sure if anything I have would measure up! (Plus lack of money to ship them)