Hi I recently found out what this bone came from from my first post I turns out it’s from a Centrosaurus Aperatus I found out from a Centrosaurus leg bone that looks exactly like this from the Centrosaurus bone bed in Dinosaur Provincial Park Alberta Canada open to any opinions.

E3C5BE5C-3DFB-4088-B506-7F943F376869.jpeg.190616e8db0757acea004cb603e7e582.jpeg70BA7E8D-0805-4443-AEFE-6D44FAECEDC3.thumb.jpeg.284f3462d0e10484c00ac7c66857320d.jpegFCE0C309-4944-44E3-A34A-F357BD0C4C33.jpeg.1eb77e39471eb84968e0d633cb79262b.jpeg5C32B253-66C4-43A2-B882-CA90B79F6A0E.jpeg.cdf20c04052b559bc43e035a3521d938.jpeg

How do you know it is Centrosaurus?  I could agree it is not theropod but narrowing a small chunk of bone down to even a family level can be difficult nonetheless a genus species level.

I recently seen a documentary where some Paleontologist went to the centrosaurus bonebed in DPP and said that this bone was centrosaurus here’s a photo of there bone it looks very similar to mine 

84CB28F6-F76C-4C4B-8B6F-E9C145BF38E9.jpeg

There are over 5 ceratopsians described in DP fm.  Post cranial bones are very difficult to differentiate between species with complete bones so partial ones are.. have to say nearly impossible.  There are also other herbivores in that fauna. Now if your bone came out of a bonebed different story.

@Troodon not quit it was found not to far from a huge centrosaurus bonebed near the southern part of the park

18 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

@Troodon not quit it was found not to far from a huge centrosaurus bonebed near the southern part of the park

I found fossil clams "not to far" from fossil ferns. That doesn't make them ferns. It doesn't even make them plants. As a matter of fact it doesn't mean anything except that they were "not to far". 

P.S. -- There's only one lower case "a" in Centrosaurus apertus, and two "o's" in the word too.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

• 7 months later...

Got this whole thing wrong!  I was talking to Jared Voris today and I showed him this bone, he said it was Theropod and most likely Tyrannosaur because of the Marrow Cavity is to large and it is to robust to be anything but Tyrannosaur!

The other day I found out from Jared Voris that this was not a Centrosaurus femur but a Tyrannosaur femur!  It’s because of the marrow cavity being way to big, and it is a Tyrannosaur because it’s too large and robust to be anything but Tyrannosaur, and it’s Daspletosaurus because it’s still even more robust then Gorgosaurus femurs!  Also soon sometime after this pandemic I’m going back out west!  And I think it’s a possibility that the rest of the skeleton and other amazing fossils from the area could be there!  And in the area where I found this bone I found a young Hadrosaur trackway (could be one of the first of its kind!) and possibly an Ankylosaur osteoderm, along with bone fragments most likely Centrosaurus as the area I found everything was by one of the massive Centrosaurus Bonebeds!  Any thoughts?

Genus: Daspletosaurus 

Species: sp.

Locality: can’t say exact locality, Dinosaur Provincial Park, Alberta, Canada

Element: Partial Femur

Size: 28cm long

CCF51CF8-1ADA-42A8-8BFC-012DF42DE74C.png

@dinosaur man

Post merged with original topic on this fossil.  Please use one topic when discussing the same fossil.  Thanks.  ;)

• I found this Informative 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

30 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@dinosaur man

Post merged with original topic on this fossil.  Please use one topic when discussing the same fossil.  Thanks.  ;)

Ok and sorry I was just trying to do a more detailed thing on it.

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, musicnfossils said:

Locality would be Newell County 

Yeah, I only said that just because I didn’t want to give the exact location away, as this is a public forum and anyone can see it.

Also here is another photo of it 

549FA478-1A33-4641-88E6-F6F9A252260B.jpeg

3 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

Yeah, I only said that just because I didn’t want to give the exact location away, as this is a public forum and anyone can see it.

Well you said dinosaur park and that specified location more than Newell does ;)

• I found this Informative 1

7 hours ago, musicnfossils said:

Well you said dinosaur park and that specified location more than Newell does ;)

Yeah, I guess :heartylaugh: