Ahmet

Hello,

Can you tell maybe more about it ?

A single picture will most likely wont do it.

Where exactly was it found, how old is the formation it was found in, and maybe how big it is ?

Those are very important to know, to ID it.

Without these informations, its most likely Impossible to identify it properly.

Please write these informations in your next posts, so we dont have to ask for everything ;)

Edited by Brevicolis

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

9 minutes ago, Brevicolis said:

Hello,

Can you tell maybe more about it ?

A single picture will most likely dont do it.

Where exactly was it found, how old is the formation it was found in, and maybe how big it is ?

Those are very important to know, to ID it.

Without these informations, its most likely Impossible to identify it properly.

Please write these informations in your next posts, so we dont have to ask for everything ;)

Merhaba, Ahmet

I'm getting hints of gypsum (selenite satin spar) or maybe a form of aragonite (calcium carbonate) crystals. Perhaps an estimate of hardness as selenite is softer than a carbonate

Edited by Kato

The venue is Türkiye. It's as big as a hand. It is approximately 20 million years old. 

2 minutes ago, Ahmet said:

The venue is Türkiye. It's as big as a hand. It is approximately 20 million years old. 

I'm thinking Brevicolis is asking for a region of Turkey, a nearby city or the name of the hills or mountains in your country. 

20 minutes ago, Ahmet said:

Türkiye is quite big. We need the exact finding location. And hand in measurements is not a very good unit of length, please write them in centimeters.

Sorry that this message comes a bit too late, but my connection to the servers said godbye for 15 minutes. 

16 minutes ago, Kato said:

I'm thinking Brevicolis is asking for a region of Turkey, a nearby city or the name of the hills or mountains in your country. 

Yes, that was what I was asking for.

Edited by Brevicolis

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

1 hour ago, Kato said:

Eastern region of Turkey. A hill at an altitude of 1050 meters. The size of the fossil is approximately 15cm.

Also, there is a lot of karst land. It is an area where many marine creature fossils, including numilites, and coral fossils are found.

If you refer to nummulites in the area we would be talking about some Paleogene series. I mean Paleocene, Eocene or Oligocene.
If you refer to 20 million years ago we would be talking about Neogene. Miocene mostly.
That coral reminds me a lot of Leptomussa. It would fit with the nummulites and with the Paleogene. Not with 20 million years and with the Miocene.
Consult a geological map of the collection area and be clear about the stratigraphy of your specimens.
You should also take some more photographs of your specimen.
Both of these things would help identify your findings.

Edited by oyo