Brian James Maguire

This was found in the Carboniferous limestone of the Malahide formation , east coast Dublin Ireland,

IMG_1552.jpeg

IMG_1551.jpeg

• Enjoyed 6

Absolutely, Brian!

Great find!
Looks like a partial cephalon/free cheek.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

1 hour ago, Fossildude19 said:

Absolutely, Brian!

Great find!
Looks like a partial cephalon/free cheek.

Thanks as always Tim , just found this pair! Very cosy

IMG_1553.jpeg

• Enjoyed 2

Trilo is phillipsia yet again , dont know about the shell possibly Terebratulid 

Pygidia, a cranidium, and now a free cheek! Great stuff. Keep looking Brian, there is sure to be a complete one there somewhere hiding.

• Thank You 1

29 minutes ago, Collector9658 said:

Pygidia, a cranidium, and now a free cheek! Great stuff. Keep looking Brian, there is sure to be a complete one there somewhere hiding.

Oh i will be so excited if i find a complete specimen.. some day hopefully 

What all kinds of trilobites do you have as of now?

2 minutes ago, Newbie_1971 said:

2 minutes ago, Newbie_1971 said:

I have a lot of phillipsia pygidiums, a free cheek, and a glabella but no full specimens yet as they are very rare in the lower Carboniferous limestone here in ireland

• Enjoyed 1

2 minutes ago, Brian James Maguire said:

I have a lot of phillipsia pygidiums, a free cheek, and a glabella but no full specimens yet as they are very rare in the lower Carboniferous limestone here in ireland

How many do you have ... period? As how many have you bought, or have been gifted?

Oh ok , i haven’t bough or been gifted any, i would say i have about 8 pygidiums , one free cheek and one glabella

• Enjoyed 1

That's cool man! I am so happy for you, and look at posts more than what you would think. Would you want a flexicalymene trilobite?

To be honest i am only interested in the Carboniferous period of ireland and what i find and prep myself, i like to concentrate on that area and learn as much as possible from what i have available to me

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Brian James Maguire said:

To be honest i am only interested in the Carboniferous period of ireland and what i find and prep myself, i like to concentrate on that area and learn as much as possible from what i have available to me

That's cool man! I  wish you luck and keep at it and you will find more than one! I watch your posts, and please keep us posted! Good luck!

Just now, Newbie_1971 said:

That's cool man! I  wish you luck and keep at it and you will find more than one! I watch your posts, and please keep us posted! Good luck!

I will indeed! Thank you and hope you enjoy the posts , i have about ten more fossils prepared at the moment and i will drop them in my album over the next week or so, best of luck on your end also, regards, BJM

• Enjoyed 1

1 minute ago, Brian James Maguire said:

I will indeed! Thank you and hope you enjoy the posts , i have about ten more fossils prepared at the moment and i will drop them in my album over the next week or so, best of luck on your end also, regards, BJM

Thank you. I wish you the best, and can't wait to see you find your first full trilobite!

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brian James Maguire said:

Oh i will be so excited if i find a complete specimen.. some day hopefully 

Same situation for me here!  I have found a few pygidiums, no complete ones.... yet

Looking forward to when you find a complete trilo!

• Enjoyed 1

-Jay

“The earth doesn't need new continents, but new men.”
― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

11 hours ago, Jaybot said:

Same situation for me here!  I have found a few pygidiums, no complete ones.... yet

Looking forward to when you find a complete trilo!

The pressure is on now Jaybot! Who will be the first to find a complete Carboniferous trilo:thumbsu:

25 minutes ago, Brian James Maguire said:

The pressure is on now Jaybot! Who will be the first to find a complete Carboniferous trilo:thumbsu:

Ha definitely you, as my trilo bits come from pennsylvanian layers :)

• Thank You 1

-Jay

On 6/18/2024 at 1:51 PM, Jaybot said:

Ha definitely you, as my trilo bits come from pennsylvanian layers :)

Hi  Jaybot , found a trilo yesterday and during prepping there was a few minutes where i thought this is it its a complete specimen but no, another phillipsia pygidium:heartylaugh:

• Enjoyed 1

On 6/23/2024 at 6:16 AM, Brian James Maguire said:

Hi  Jaybot , found a trilo yesterday and during prepping there was a few minutes where i thought this is it its a complete specimen but no, another phillipsia pygidium:heartylaugh:

Those pygidiums are relentless!

• Enjoyed 1

-Jay