New In London, Ontario!

lmdove4

• New Members

Surfing the web and came across this great site! I've been collecting and enjoying the hunt for fossils most of my life. I'm trying to learn how to identify and know what I'm finding. I live near to Arkona & Hungry Hollow and would appreciate any info that I can take on my visit-- best place to park, where to start, and so on. Been there once with someone else who didn't really know much about it, so don't want to go into parts I shouldn't!

Welcome to the Forum :)

As you have probably seen, we have a cadre of regular Hungry Hollowers (lucky dogs all!).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome from Texas, but my wife is from London. It's been a while since I've been there, but we hope to go visit my in-laws soon.

There's a recent thread about the Arkona/Hungry Hollow location

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php/topic/30868-arkonahungry-hollow-info-needed/

I hope this helps.

Keep us posted on your adventures and finds.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

Welcome from Mississiauga, I would suggest you look at the recent threads by searching Arkona. If you have specific questions once you have gone through those threads (they are pretty comprehensive) then I am sure a few of us can answer your questions. I know if I lived in London I would be there pretty much every weekend.

Welcome from Hamilton Ontario - I visited Arkona for the first time last fall and found sponges, coral and brachiopods.

Welcome from Washington!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Welcome! As a starting point you might want to join a local rock collecting club in London/Strathroy see link http://ccfms.ca/clubs.html . This way you can get to know people and places like Arkona first hand.

PL

Edited by pleecan

• New Members

Thanks everyone for all the welcomes and suggestions! Waiting for cooler weather then off we go!