Hello From Broken Arrow, Okla.

Joshdale

• New Members

Hello everyone, I have been fascinated with fossils since I was a kid and now since I'm out of the army I am able to pursuit my interest. I love would to go fossil hunting one day, but have no clue where to start.

You've come to the right place!

Welcome to the Forum, and thank you for your service. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hello welcome from Scotland!

Good places to start searching for fossils are at beachs, quarrys, streams and river banks.

Other people on the forums might be able to tell you some locations you can check out

Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut. :)

Thank you for your service! -_-

Best of luck to you in your renewed pursuit.

Best Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome from Washington!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Welcome from New York!

The best place to start looking is actually the internet like this and finding a local club to go out with.

Thanks for your service

Welcome from North Texas! I'm sure there are great places to collect near Broken Arrow. The only one I've been to is the rock quarry near Gore. Lots of blastoids there.

Welcome from Broken Arrow as well. Hopefully, we can connect soon, and I can show you some of my finds and hunting grounds close to home.

Also, I'd like to thank you for your service.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome from another Okie!

WhVUieh.png
My attempt at creating a museum and community center to help people find an interest in the world around them.

Welcome from south east of France

J collecting only fossils since 30 years old,ammonites,heteromorphe ammonite,crabs,fish trilobit, sea urshins, mammals, etc...J am married . Sorry for my enghish

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome from a Northern Texas- few fossils in OK, do some research and you will start discovering!

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!