Woehr's June 2012 Texas Fossil Collecting Report

Uncle Siphuncle

Nothing terribly out of the ordinary this round, but still fun. Shark teeth, nautiloids, ammonites, a little Pleistocene, Pennsylvanian, bottles, echies, etc. Those interested can are free to have a peek on the Brazosport Museum website at the following link:

http://bcfas.org/museum/Meander/2012/FOSSIL%20COLLECTING%20REPORT%20June%202012.pdf

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I really appreciated the comment about having a great conversation with your son on the ride home. Some of my best conversations with my daughter have been on those 3-5 hour VERY early morning trips to a distant field trip site. Priceless moments.

PS Nice stuff.

WOW! The Walnut Formation certainly has an abundance of beautiful echinoids and ammonites. The H. texanus and other echi's in the pic's are splendid and the Big Georgetown ammonite is awell! Great to see how you have the kiddo out with you enjoying every minute. Thanks for sharing this awesome trip and all the pic's.

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

Dan,

Yet another satisfying read. :)

Thanks for providing some vicarious adventures.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

glad yall like...july prep is just about done, good times exploying new sites

Grüße,

haha roger you do love to root for the underdog... gastros get no respect in texas... notice nobody on tff has yet taken the handle "tex schnecken"... i still think they are cool though. if you ever brought a detachment of germans over here, you guys could have a major snail roundup in several formations. most, however are steinkerns.

Grüße,

^ I second that!

I am also jealous of the amounts of ech's you guys haul out of those formations... the ones we find up here are much less common and often fragmentary or steinkerns.

echs are among my favorites. although its always nice to find high grade examples of common forms, now i'd prefer to seek out some oddballs.

Grüße,