New Member In Brownwood

Imber

• New Members

I have loved fossils as long as I can remember, but I've never been able to meet up with others that share this interest. I'm currently living in a place known for its fossil finds, and I'd love to take advantage of that while I'm here!

I live on the edge of Lake Brownwood. I moved here about a year ago while pregnant, and told myself I'd get to go fossil hunting as soon after my little one got here as possible. Now that my husband and I are in the swing of parenting, I want to get out and explore.

Fossil hunting goals:

Find (at least) one HUGE ammonite. I've seen people use these as yard decorations and it always blew my mind as a child.

Find a very detailed fist-sized ammonite for desk display.

Find an intact trilobite. (an arching one would be amazing!)

Learn to 'extract' fossils from a matrix without damaging them.

Find a plant (fern?) fossil.

Surely unrealistic, but maybe someday:

Find a frog fossil.

Find a tiny dinosaur fossil.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and see your finds!

Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut. :)

Lofty goals make you reach higher.

Regards,

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome to the Forum :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome to The Fossil Forum from Missouri! :) Always good to have a plan and it sounds like you got one lined up! :) Glad you joined the forum so you can show those off as you check them off of your list! Maybe you could start a thread called "Imbers Brownwood Bucket List!" and post 'em up as you find 'em!

You ought to see the ammo's the farmers are just plowing up out of the fields over there where Ludwigia lives!

Heres a link.. http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php/topic/31647-the-farmers-are-digging-the-ammos-again/

Good luck hunting and see 'ya round on the forum! ;)

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Charles Darwin

Welcome. You live in fossil heaven...spillway...Wilson's...Cretaceous to the east of you...

Edited by BobWill

Welcome from Washington!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Welcome from NC. Remember to believe that nothing is impossible. Enjoy the forum... it is awesome.

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".