Hello!

6finchfriends

• New Members

Hello! I am from Southworth Washington and am an amature fossil hunter whenever I get the chance. I was raised by my Dad who was an avid rock hound. That's where I got my love of the earth and fossil hunting. I have been to the Succor Creek Oregon and collected thunder eggs and fossils. Next month (Oct) we will be traveling to Fort Worth Tx. and I'm hoping to spend at least a day fossil hunting. I would love to find an ammonite and any other fossils really but an ammonite would be a real prize for me! I like to hike and explore but I've found mostly vague references to fossil hunting sites except for Mineral Wells. If anyone could help me find a few good hunting sites that I could visit in a day I would greatly appreciate it! I'm very excited to be visiting the great state of Texas and hopefully bring back a few million year old memories!

thank you all so much!

Trish

Welcome from Washington! Many folks here from Texas that may be willing to share some sites with you. Loads of info on Google about collecting sites, that's how I found 99% of my collecting spots. Good luck!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Welcome to the Forum :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!