Hey, I'm Still Here!

palaeopix

Hey all,

just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still around and have not dropped off the face of the Earth!

My presence on the forum over the past year or so has been minimal! Unfortunately, a series of unforeseen events conspired to focus my attention elsewhere!

My collecting season/year started off well enough, but quickly ended in a bang (blown head gasket in my vehicle)! Then I was laid off from my job and ever since I've been frantically searching for whatever work I could get! I did find a few jobs to help get me through the spring and summer, but these are about to end!

I hope to participate more on the forum and have several trades that I still need to honour (I haven't forgotten about you Dave and Carmine)!

Perhaps the new year will turn out better! I'm going through serious collecting withdrawal!

On a brighter note, my absence from the forum and fossil collecting has allowed me to concentrate more on my photography! If anyone wishes to view my photography they can see it here: http://goo.gl/Bbhdj

Dan :D

Hey Dan! I'm sorry to hear about the rough year. I've been following your exploits on google, but since I'm not a photographer (well, not a real photographer like you and the rest on that forum) I just lurk.

It will be great for the rest of us if you end up spending a bit more time here. We've missed your input.

Don

Dan,

Good to hear from you! Was wondering where you'be been.

Sorry to hear of your rough patches - hopefully they will be sorted out soon. Best of luck with the job situation - things can only go up! :)

As Don says, we've missed your presence here on the Forum.

Welcome back, and good luck with everything.

Best Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Glad to hear you are still with us.Sorry to hear about your luck.The best way to change the luck is a ROAD TRIP hunting fossils.

Take care.

Bear-dog.

times seem more difficult and uncertain than ever, but one thing remains constant, the host of people who are just glad you're here..... :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Good to hear from you, Dan. You've been missed.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hey Dan

Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck, but good times are ahead I am sure!!

Maybe you can get back to collecting soon!!

Rick

Cephalopods rule!!

Hey Dan

I am quite new on this page so i didn't know that you have been missing. It was mainly your photos of insects that got me hooked on this forum, so it is good to hear that you are still around.

I keep my fingers crossed for you

Nice to see you back, looking forward your posting!

It has, indeed, been quite the year.

Here's to a better, and highly fossiliferous, 2013! :)

Edited by glacialerratic

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear about the difficult times. I'm sure things will be looking up soon.

Its a pleasure to see a fellow entomophile back on the forum. I especially like that your photo of that beautiful Trichodes ornatus. Those little guys are so variable in color and pattern, and your specimen is spectacular.

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett