Fun With Panoramic Camera

chele

I was taking some scenery photos the other day. Blaine said he wanted to try something while I was using the panoramic funtion. As I was panning the camera Blaine walked with my panning motion. Blaine is always thinking and he wonderedif the camera would put him in multiple postions. I thought he was crazy, but once again he was right. After we viewed the photo he said, see now there are two more fossil hunters!

post-5476-0-33311200-1349621765_thumb.jpg

Chelebele

I don't think of having quite well understood (I never used the panoramic function), but why to the left he doesn't have his shadow ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

I have a Fuji FinePix S2950. I do not know how the other cameras work, but I have to click like I take a normal photo and move the camera from left to right until I here a click to get a panoramic shot. All Blaine did was walk with my moving of the camera. I do not know why there is no shadow from the first Blaine. When Blaine told me to take a panoramic photo while he walked in front I thought it was a stupid idea. But after seeing the photo it was a great idea!

Chelebele

The shadow from the 'left Blaine' is below the bottom of the image. It would extend to the right as do the shadows of the shrubs behind him. That is one of the cool illusions of pan shots.

Context is critical.

Cool picture Chele! I'll have to try this trick out, it definitely looks like fun.

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Blaine is great; three Blaines are even better! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

There is no shadow on the left side because by the time he walked over there he had out walked it because he was so fast.HEHE!! The shadow is to low to show in the photo ?

Panorama is a great function but it seldom used by serious photographers who prefer to take multiple pics and then stitch them together later. I will definitely be trying to get the same person in the pic more than once.

CHEERS