Albino Red-Tailed Hawk

Ramo

Today I started the drive back home from NJ, and I stopped by the Flight 93 memorial. It was cold, snowy, and a place where I found mixed emotions. Sad, proud, mad, all at once.

Anyways, on the drive out (it's about 2-3 miles into the crash site), I saw this pure white hawk. I believe it is a red-tailed hawk. I got a very good look at it through my binoculars, but not much for photos. Anyways, I thought some of you might like seeing it. Times like this I wish I had good photography equipment.

post-40-0-56840800-1354069114_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-04435300-1354069124_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

That's a wonderful creature to see. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Awesome Ramo.

Seeing that must have added awe to the maelstrom of emotions.

Good enough pics to get the point across.

Thanks for posting this.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

This was new information for me, I'd never heard of this before. They are spectacular birds!

More pictures for the curious.

http://www.backyardbirdcam.com/gallery/hawk-red-tailed-albino.htm

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

A beautiful sight!

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

A poignant sentinel.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!