Hi From Central Tx

txfrmr

I currently live outside of Austin, Tx and have been looking for places to hunt for fossils in my area. Are there any groups to get involved with in my area? Thanks to everyone who has helped me since joining this site I have a better understanding of what my mystery fossil is. This is by far the best site I have come across.

Hello from Austin! Yes there is a group here to join: Paleontological Society of Austin. We meet once a month, generally have a field trip once a month and do some outreach to the community.

The timing here is perfect because you can come check us out this weekend when we will be holding our 22nd annual Fossil Fest. It is a small show, all fossils and totally family friendly. Look me up, I'm the current president, and I'll talk to you about some good local collecting sites.

Here is the link to the club: http://www.austinpaleo.org/

Hope to see you there,

Erich

Welcome from Washington!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

If you go (and I hope you can), take your Frisco Mystery along; you are likely to get a more specific ID from an in-hand examination.

And, Welcome to the Forum :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hello from Austin! Yes there is a group here to join: Paleontological Society of Austin. We meet once a month, generally have a field trip once a month and do some outreach to the community.

The timing here is perfect because you can come check us out this weekend when we will be holding our 22nd annual Fossil Fest. It is a small show, all fossils and totally family friendly. Look me up, I'm the current president, and I'll talk to you about some good local collecting sites.

Here is the link to the club: http://www.austinpaleo.org/

Hope to see you there,

Erich

ya i'm hoping to go to the fossil fest to maybe i'll see ya'll.i might be selling some fossils cheep.texas coastal stuff mostly

Thanks for the info. I plan on going to fossil fest on Sat and I will bring the Frisco Mystery with me. I plan on joining the Paleontological Society of Austin.

• 3 weeks later...