Hi From Ny

Seneca20

Im new at this fossil hunting thing but my boyfriend is teaching me. He has a nice collection and I have to say that I really like the trilobites the most. I have kept a few things from our hunts like brachs, corals, and anything I think is cute or funny looking. We collect at places that are so pretty with waterfalls and forest surrounding the streams we are in. He does all the work splitting huge rocks and I walk around looking for whatever is on the surface. I like learning about the fact that NY was at one time a warm ocean with corals and trilobites and now its miles and millions of years away. I prob wont start my own collection but for me the collecting and learning is what I find fun. thanks

Welcome from Connecticut! :)

You live in a great area for fossils.

And learning and collecting is the point for most of us here as well.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome to the Forum!

You needn't establish a collection to exercise your aesthetic sense and feed your curiosity :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome!

If, as I'm guessing from your screen name, you're in Upstate New York, you certainly have lots of trilobites waiting to be found, nearby!

I live in Western NY and my screen name is Seneca because I am a Seneca ;). My boyfriend has a lot of trilobites and I kinda have a collection if you count the ones on my window sill.

That was one of my guesses (along with others associated with the lake, county and town). :)

If you haven't done so yet, be sure to visit Penn Dixie, when they open again in the spring!

Welcome from Washington!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Archived