Hello From Northern Illinois

ManWhoStaresAtRocks

Hi everyone. Just registered because I have little to none (closer to none I'm afraid) knowledge about fossils and geology and I found what I think might be something interesting.

I appreciate the involvement of those that are more learn ed than me and want to convey that in advance. I don't actually hunt fossils but I do tend to peck around on the ground whenever the opportunity is there. Sort of like a bird, or a chicken, and yes bugs are interesting as well. But, I don't knowingly eat them.

Having said that, I'm posting a slideshow to my youtube channel - not looking for hits or subscribers, it's just a convenient converyance for a multitude of 'stuff'. (not spam!)

If I get more comfortable or if enough interest in my item I can try and post some pictures to the board.

Anyhow, thanks for the forum and looking forward to what people might think of my find!

ps: attaching sneak preview!

post-11610-0-77591100-1365691910_thumb.jpg

Welcome from Washington!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Welcome to the forum ManWhoStaresAtRocks , rocks are very fun to stare at, I see fossils in them (not dead people ;-) )

Welcome to the Forum,

It is great to have free thinkers. I don't know too much about fossils either, but they are so interesting. I am learning. I am sure a lot of people will be interested and curious about your findings. It would be good if you let us see them!!

Norma

Welcome aboard :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for the welcomes and those that may follow.

I probably have committed a couple of cardinal sins already - I don't have anything of scale in most of my pictures, however there are a couple where you can see part of the lense cap of my camera. Also, not sure how posting youtube videos is taken so I will wait on that.

I'll work on resizing/cropping to make a better fit for posting.

Until then, here is another 'sneak preview'!

post-11610-0-21032200-1365699055_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum ManWhoStaresAtRocks from Northern Illinois. :) Your second picture looks like pieces of crinoid stems.

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

Welcome from Missouri. The first pic could be the bryozoan Archimedes.

Context is critical.

Welcome to the forum ManWhoStaresAtRocks , rocks are very fun to stare at, I see fossils in them (not dead people ;-) )

Ya me too Russ ha ha!

Welcome to the Forum ManWhoStaresAtRocks! Hope we can help ya get to be a full blown rock hound ;) I think first pic could be bryozoan Archimedes or could be a cronoid stem as well hard to tell from the pic. Second pic is crinoid stems Like Rob stated. Hope to see ya more :)

-CQ