Howdy From The West Side Of Texas!

Beccachell

I physically live at the corner of bottom corner of New Mexico and Texas, in the Permian Basin. My heart lives in the mesalands of eastern New Mexico where I grew up and and my family has a ranch. I have always been interested in rocks, fossils and artifacts as I think I learned to walk, hunting arrowheads with my mother and grandmother!

I have small collection "surface find fossils" that include Triassic clams, Phytosaur teeth, scutes, and unknown bones from Quay County, NM and brachiopods and clams from Real County, TX.

My prize collection consists of Triassic amphibian bones, that I have personally dug up on our land, (Quay County, NM) and believe belong to an Aetosaur. This collection is still growing as I am digging for more when I have time. It's been about 4 years since I have had a chance to dig because of time and weather. I am excited looking forward to a week dig, in a couple of weeks!

Welcome to the Forum :)

Dig On!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Welcome from Washington

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Every collector has their own angle on collecting, and I find yours to be pretty dang kuhl!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Welcome from Cooke County. You're so lucky to live in an area with Permian material. Here in the DFW area it's all Cretaceous. I've only been out your way once with Dallas Paleo and it was good to see different fossils for a change. Looking forward to some pictures of your finds.

Archived