Greetings From South Africa

krugz

Hello from South Africa!

I am a paleontology student in SA. I recently stumbled upon your interesting site :)

I work with Mammal like reptiles (therapsids) from the Karoo Super Group of South Africa. Mostly I study basal therapsids from the Permain

Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut., USA. :)

Coincidentally, I am just about to start reading Peter D. Ward's book, "Gorgon", about these fascinating creatures!

I would enjoy hearing anything you have to tell us about the Karoo Supergroup, and the therapsids.

Welcome, again.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome to the Forum from Washington, USA!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Welcome to the Forum!

...I work with Mammal like reptiles (therapsids) from the Karoo Super Group of South Africa. Mostly I study basal therapsids from the Permain

You have my envy, and my complete attention!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm currently working on piecing together a Dinocephalian. Previously my work focused on the basal group of therapsids known as the Biarmosuchians. I don't know too much about the Gorgonopsians at the moment but here at the university we have a huge collection of them. A colleague of mine is working with the gorgons as part of his Phd.

It's great to see people from all over the world talking and learning about all kinds of fossils!

Thanks again for the welcome, and regards

Welcome from Missouri, USA.

I've heard amazing things about the Karoo deposit. We'd love to see some here. :)

Context is critical.