Weather Alert App?

mkrofdrms

Hi everyone,

Auspex brought an interesting point at the Maryland side forum, weather alert warnings, share info if anyone knows of a good cell phone app to warn people while in the path of bad stuff , two friends were in a place where it was a tornado warning and they never knew about it. Would be nice to have something to alert us while we are in the open. Thanks for your help.

MK

Your Flag Ponds tornado post had inspired me to hit the 'net, and now you give the chance to post what I found :) >LINK<

FREE! And it doesn't count against your texting limits!

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks Auspex, I will check that out when I return to Maryland, I'm in Boston and drive back tomorrow. MK

I guy I work with produced WeathAware Application that does this. it will tell you based on your cell phone location if you are threatened by a severe storm and if there is a tornado it will project how close the tornado will get to you and which direction you need to head to avoid.

• I found this Informative 1

I guy I work with produced WeathAware Application that does this. it will tell you based on your cell phone location if you are threatened by a severe storm and if there is a tornado it will project how close the tornado will get to you and which direction you need to head to avoid.

Thanks Jim, this sounds exactly what one would need while in the field...MK