Random Odds And Ends

Cravepain

I have a lot of different rocks and fossils I have collected over the years; some I have gathered myself and others that were from family passed on to me. There are many things I am not sure what they are, but these are a handful of the ones I am most curious about. Because I think there is a mix of rocks and fossils I decided to place it in this section. I honestly think some are just junk (for lack of a better word). I would love a bit of help identifying what some of these are.

I took a photo of both the top side and bottom side of each. For a bit of size comparison, underneath is a piece of printer paper so they are all rather small.

Top Side: http://imageshack.com/a/img845/9660/iccd.jpg

Bottom Side: http://imageshack.com/a/img827/9415/vrkw.jpg

This as well: http://imageshack.com/a/img534/2132/kx82.jpg

Thank you. :)

- Nicole

Edited by Cravepain

Your tooth is from a bison. And i see a few pieces of coral and a small baculite cephalopod. I can't identify everything though, sorry i cant be more help.

Edit: Some actually look a bit like coprolite, and some concretions.

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

the first three rocks in photo 2 are thundereggs :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

I am really hoping someone can identify the lumpy white thing in the center bottom row. I agree with the other ID's coral, thundereggs, bison.

The two on the left side, middle row look more like pottery artifacts than fossils. The piece in the bottom right corner is a fragment of celadon glazed porcelain, possibly a plate. The great lakes beach glass collectors could probably tell you if its from a shipwreck, or just a result of using the lake as a garbage dump.

The top right piece interests me the most.

Those Thundereggs are killer!!

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Thank you for the help! I have never heard of thundereggs before, but they sure are cool!