February Peace River Find

the hunter

post-14703-0-87752100-1395015812_thumb.jpgNot sure if this is a fossilized bone or wood - could not find it in any of my books - notice the thread like bumps on the edge of each Edited by the hunter

Image-loading trouble? This may help: LINK

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I took the liberty of lightening and sharpening your photo a little bit. :)post-8801-0-78772800-1395017046.jpg

Still can't see it that well? Can you get a better picture? :)

Edited by lissa318

have had to compress the file to post it . is there a better way to photograph this.any help would be appreciated

I take pictures with my phone. I usually crop out the excess, and then brighten or sharpen the picture a little bit if necessary. If I don't crop the file is usually to large to upload. Not sure if that helps you or not... :)

Step 1 -- Lots of light,

Step 2 FILL the viewfinder with the fossil -- no extra space, You can do this when you take the photo or when you crop it.

Step 3 I usually use Windows picture viewer to compress the photo from 3-5 mb down to 100-200 kb

Examples:

post-2220-0-38587700-1395025692_thumb.jpg 73.5 kb

post-2220-0-48471200-1395025790_thumb.jpg 119 kb

Note in the 1st photo I lay the fossil ON the ruler. SS

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

It looks like a Stingray crush plate to me but longer then im use to. But the back looks funny.....im still up in the air about this (especially after that crab dermal mystery! Lol)

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

It looks like part of a dolphin mandible. The indentations on either side are where the teeth rested. This section would be the center section of the jaw, between the two teeth rows. A picture of the other side would help.

I agree with Al- long beaked dolphin jaw.

Very common in the Peace.

"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life".