My Jacksboro Haul

RyanNREMTP

Finished cleaning up my fossils. I really enjoyed Jacksboro because there was more quality of fossils than what I found in Mineral Wells. Mineral Wells had more quantity of fossils but it seems we were only finding three or four species but hundreds of them. I did find one trilobite at Mineral Wells.

Here is some of what I found at Jacksboro.

Conularia

IMG_20140319_155215_zpsq1rhk7xs.jpg

Couple dozen of horn coral. I was really wanting to find some of this stuff.

IMG_20140319_160542_zpsdz0dfbld.jpg

Straparollus, again found a couple dozen of these.

CM140319-16014901_zpsfuglqy0c.jpg

I believe these are Pharkidonotus

CM140319-16022002_zpswspdnhs6.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I only had my cell phone available.

very nice!

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Thanks ya'll. I really enjoyed meeting everyone the most. My son Connor had a great time and I know he talked to everyone and talked their ear off. I have the Mineral Well stuff drying out but they are washed and sorted. Mainly cricoid stems and more shells with a little bit of coral mixed in. I did find one small horn coral there as well along with the smallest trilobite known to man.

I can't believe I forgot to add this piece of horn coral. Biggest piece I've seen. I didn't know what it was at first, knew it was some sort of fossil, until I cleaned it up. Again sorry cell phone picture isn't the greatest.

CM140319-16041805_zpst8qxofg1.jpg

Thanks for organizing that trip Ryan. Connor just made it all a little more fun with his little-guy perspective. It was great to meet y'all as well as Kat and Jeff, and good to see Lance and Roz again.

I really like the conularids and horn corals.

Roger that! Fantastic detail :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow Ryan, looking good there! Had a blast!! :D

Can't wait to do it again, maybe more people can make it next time.

Kathy

Good finds have not collected there in a couple years. Great material can be found at that site!

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Where was this site located? I live about an hour or two away from Jacksboro and would love to hunt fossils up there!

At the lake on the south side of the dam. I had a thread started a couple of months ago for the trip. A map was attached on page three I believe.

post-11-0-24937900-1394752001.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks. We really need to do it again. Maybe the first part of May before it starts getting too hot again.