Kem Kem Crocodile Specimens

AJ Plai

I usually see a lot of these Moroccan specimens around but hardly ever any specific info

like species or genus for them. I am assuming it must be very difficult to ID croc specimens

from teeth alone?

Anyhow, I was hoping, some croc experts here may be able to ID or hint the specimens'

identity, here they are:

I usually see teeth like this one identified as Sarcosuchus (sp?) but I was under the impression that S.Imperator and supercrocs are to

be found in Niger and not Kem Kem?

post-10857-0-17649300-1395414567_thumb.png

This one I have no idea… Looks like a croc mandible:

post-10857-0-10859100-1395414461_thumb.pngpost-10857-0-15017200-1395414470_thumb.png

Anyway, thx for any info u guys may provide :)

Great Crock specimens. The first tooth is from marrocosuchus zenaroi (Crocodilus spenceri) and not from Sarcosuchus. They are often mislabeled and mis identified. The second is unusual. Here is a great reference from our friend Serge on moroccan Crocks.

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/40401-crocodyliforms-from-morrocans-phosphates/

Seth

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

Here is a skull I am currently getting around to working on.

What a lovely specimen.

I am sure he would turn out magnificently.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thx for the quick reply and great link of info!

And wow... that's an awesome specimen u have there! I can see now, how the tooth came from these beasts by looking at that skull.

Are you going to restore that piece to be a matrix-free specimen?

Thx for the quick reply and great link of info!

And wow... that's an awesome specimen u have there! I can see now, how the tooth came from these beasts by looking at that skull.

Are you going to restore that piece to be a matrix-free specimen?

I will remove it from the matrix and restore in in 3 dimensions. It is in my line-up and I hope to get to it within the next few months.

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

That will look fantastic. I have always been a fan of 3D-prepped style Mosasaur & reptile skulls. :drool:

The mandible section looks like it could be from Trematochampsa, mainly due to the somewhat spade-shaped teeth (especially the larger one).

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas