Another Day In The Cliffs

Optimist

Had another great day in Calvert Cliffs. Three of us searching found 7 megaladons and chubutensis between us. There are other great teeth, epiphysis, and vertebrae too. These are my finds.

post-10940-0-92932400-1395538500_thumb.jpg post-10940-0-35999400-1395538502_thumb.jpg

post-10940-0-37133500-1395538499_thumb.jpg

Nice haul from the Cliffs once again!

I really like those Hemi's you found, good looking teeth!

That meg is really swell and those hemis- off the charts. Congratulations on a great day.

Great stuff. I love the hemis. The winter seems to have exposed a lot of really nice material. Happy hunting!

Thanks everyone, This winter has been amazing. I keep telling my nephew that all these amazing finds are the exception not the rule but then we find something else cool so he doesn't believe me. We're just riding the wave until it plays out!!!!

Great finds, congrats!

It is hard to tell (it appears to be fairly worn), but it looks like you may have a giant thresher in there as well? If you could post a closer picture of it I'm sure people can help ID it. It's the tooth with the worn red/brown enamel to the left of your nice hemis.

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed you already posted it in the ID section. Nice find!

Edited by Fallingfossils

• 4 months later...

awesome finds!! which part of the cliffs were you searching?

You'll have better luck asking a question like that by private message. Even then most folks will be tight lipped. Too many spots (even private property) get burned that way. That said if you put in the work at places like Brownies, Matoaka, Calvert Cliffs SP and talk to others/develop relationships you'll eventually be able to figure it out on your own. That's what I did. It took about a year or two but having never met Optimist I would bet I could tell you where she hunts in 2 guesses or less.

Yea, the only place I really search is Brownies Beach. I search there every weekend at least once a week, being 2 hours north kills me.

Iwould like to know one more spot to search besides flags, Calvert state park and the cottages.