Is This Real T-Rex Bone,or Something Else?

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Hello everybody,

I was looking for T-Rex bones on eBay and i found one that is supposed to be real T-Rex bone.

But since i can't ID any of dinosaur bones i would like to hear your opinion about it...

I will upload pictures and seller's bone description.

post-10251-0-25717100-1395579462_thumb.jpg

post-10251-0-06223300-1395579476_thumb.jpg

post-10251-0-30244400-1395579488_thumb.jpg

post-10251-0-78327700-1395579496_thumb.jpg

Here is what seller wrote about item:

his is a large section of bone. We have not beem able to ID what bone it came from, but it was found in association with several other T-Rex bones. Including a femur several vertebras and a jaw section. Cracks filled No other restoration. The femur and other bones have been sold.

Age; Cretaceous

Formation; Hell Creek

Species; T-Rex

Location.; East of Glendive Montana

Bone cost 9.99 $(it's on bidding)but shipping is 45$.

So guys,what do you think?

Is it the real Tyrannosaurus Rex bone or not?

Every coment is welcomed :)

I agree it is definitely a piece of fossil bone, It probably is T-rex bone because it was found in Hell Creek, Montana this is where many tyrannosaurus fossils are found, but I can't be 100% sure.

• I found this Informative 1

I agree it is definitely a piece of fossil bone, It probably is T-rex bone because it was found in Hell Creek, Montana this is where many tyrannosaurus fossils are found, but I can't be 100% sure.

Thanks for fast reply.

Here are a few more pictures:

I hope this helps :)

post-10251-0-97916100-1395580480_thumb.jpg

post-10251-0-81682300-1395580497_thumb.jpg

Whoa.. slow down... your reasoning is all cattywumpus.

Just because it is from the Hell Creek does not by any stretch make it a T rex bone. There are other much more common critters in the Hell Creek that have left us with big mystery bones, like hadrosaurs and ceratopsians. As an isolated Hell Creek bone it is much more likely to be one of those guys. But they say it was found with other rex bones. This is much stronger evidence that it might be rexian. Another question to ask is were there any non-T-rex bones found with these? If not, I would be willing to call it T rex. I have seen my share of rex bones and I cannot ID this one. Nor can I ID it as ceratopsian or hadrosaurian. But... if I found a weird bone with other T rex bones I would say it is very likely a T rex bone.

• I found this Informative 1

It doesn't seem to have the thick outer bone layer and honeycomb structure typical of T. rex bone fragments (from vertebrae at least). I'd say this is just a chunkosaur, and I see no reason to believe that it was actually found with other tyrannosaur bones, unless the seller provides photos of the dig.