My Tucson 2014 Pictures

trilobiteruss

Ok I picked out some 100 photos (out of 600) from the Tucson trip. Enjoy

We are here, Hotel Tucson City Center (old Innsuites)

The Sana Catalina Mts on way to where we are staying in Ora Valley -- Rancho Vistoso

Joe Devera and I with the Sana Catalinas in background

Ok on way to Fossil Coop first and Doc Fossil, in Ora Valley Sana Catalinas ahead

Ok next few photos from Fossil COOP at Sahara Sea Collection -- Doc Fossil

Now a few photos from the rest of Fossil Coop Building other vendors...

Ok almost out of room will put next batch in new message..

Russ

EDIT: Images removed by topic starter

Ok this is complex of vendors near fossil coop -- we get alot of our minerals from this show that we sell and make money to return each year to Tucson.

First one is Australian Vendor we get alot of the banded iron formation (really PreCambrian Algae) from that sells for us very well.

Some cool tourmalines and such another vendor

Nice Moroccan material at another vendor at this site.

Ok will move to new message for next going to Tucson City Center aka Old Innsuites for those who know the old nam.

Ok some photos from Tucson City Center (old Inn Suites)

Moussa

Innsuites or now as it is called Tucson City Center (Innsuites)

Back to Ora Valley Sana Catalinas in sunset. Day two done..

Edited by trilobiteruss

Ok next day.

Walking in desert, views of Sana Catalinas...

Back to Fossil Coop and Doc Fossil more of the cool trilobites there for your enjoyment..

Back to Ora Valley - Sanna Catalinas at days end.

Ok this is end of pictures at Tucson, last day

Me and my "twin" long lost brother Tom

Few more Morrocan Treasures, last one is now mine...

Ok the next day we just stayed at our friends time share at Rancho Vistoso in Ora Valley. I walked in the desert for a long walk as is my custom once are at the point our purchases are done..

Edited by trilobiteruss

Enjoy these were good samples I thought people would like, along with other 4 posts. Good flavor of what it is like for us...

Do you have a store front in Urbana? Im about 2hrs away. But come Summer we're going to be down your way.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

No we just

Do you have a store front in Urbana? Im about 2hrs away. But come Summer we're going to be down your way.

No we just sell via shows like MAPS and a couple other midwest shows. Most of our inventory is in Carbondale with my partner...

Nice pix... thanks. Do you have any recollection what the price tag was on the palm leaf? Some of those multiple trilobite pieces look like false accumulations form here...

The desert photos remind me of how much I loved living in Tucson.

The fossils remind me of how much I chaffed at being a very poor postdoc with a family to support when the gem and mineral show came to town. My annual budget was $50, and I had to save up for that.

Don

Yep, thanks for the photos. Looks like a good time was had looking at lots and lots of bugs and getting out in cacti and the desert looks wonderful as well! Regards, Chris

"First one is Australian Vendor we get alot of the banded iron formation (really PreCambrian Algae) from that sells for us very well."

...That explains why I can't find a decent piece that I can afford

Somewhere along the way I got the impression that because there was so much there in Tuscon (or maybe it was Quartzsite), the prices would be more affordable than you would see elsewhere, but either things have changed or I was wrong to begin with, because these prices seem as high as ever! The supply looks huge - I guess the demand must be also otherwise none of this would happen. :wacko: