Could There Be Fossils Here?

AmazoniteJosh

This is a picture of some exposed dirt in a local creek in chesterfield virginia, I have not seen any shells, molds, fossils, etc. The grey exposed seems to be clay. By any chance could fossils be exposed in this area? I'm doubtful, but I'm just curious. Sorry about the bad pictures, I didn't have a lot of time to snap a photo.

post-12530-0-80363100-1396736839_thumb.jpg

If you are above the fall line there (and I think you are), this is terrestrial Quaternary deposit, and not likely to be fossiliferous.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks, just wanted to know for sure.

The best way to do that is to check it out ;)

It's pretty easy for me to sit here and proclaim "not likely", but remember, I have not been to the site!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Looking at it it isn't likely, but you can never be 100% sure. Checking it and finding out is the only way of knowing.

I've dug in it for a few minutes but never found anything, but I'd like to try again. I'd love to know about some good sites in the Richmond area too!