Think They Are Just Cool Rocks? Weird Looking Though

Drizzt0000

I would say it looks like Coprolite, but I've never scene squared off Coprolite. Are they heavier then usual for rocks of this size? I ask because they also look like iron nodules to me.

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

I think its a Sleestak's laser gun with silencer. :P

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

They do resemble iron concretions I have found around here. It's not so much they are iron as natural occurring concretions formed from the minerals that are present in the strata it came from? They can be found in rather interesting shapes. I found one that was cracked open and it had the bubble like appearance of yours on the inside with tube like features that stuck straight out. I thought it was cool so I kept it but have no idea where it is. lol I am not an expert either but if you look up iron concretions and your area, it may clarify it for you. :)

tryed to look them up search engines are so useless half the internet is useless i look up iron concentrate in kansas and it gives be a 1000000000 pages of where to buy iron....

what ever they are they are cool looking lol if i go to a museum sometime in the future ill take em and ask someone there

ya i read through that was busy still cool though the texture is sweet. posting my Ammonoid rock that is chalk full of Ammonoids from eastern kansas its so cool posting it in collections