Any Chance Of This Being A Cretaceous Claw Core?

lordpiney

I found this last week in Monmouth county at one of the usual spots. I don't think it's a Crustacean claw, but I could be wrong I guess.

DSCF7697-001_zps34cc66d3.jpg

DSCF7708_zps4019cc42.jpg

DSCF7700-001_zps7d1f46c4.jpg

DSCF7707_zps2641b429.jpg

Pic #3 makes me think claw also. It's surely a part of an animal @ any rate, the shapes are too precise.

--- Joshua

tennesseespride@gmail.com

Its gives me the appearance of being a claw but not sure from what, possibly turtle but not dinosaurian.

Very turtle-like.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

To my eyes, the little bumps on the side look like the type of decoration arthropods tend to have. I vote crab. Doesn't look like the typical ghost shrimps we find there though. Is it hollow or solid?

Edited by Scylla

To my eyes, the little bumps on the side look like the type of decoration arthropods tend to have. I vote crab.. .

Now that you point it out, I believe I agree.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

To my eyes, the little bumps on the side look like the type of decoration arthropods tend to have. I vote crab. Doesn't look like the typical ghost shrimps we find there though. Is it hollow or solid?

That's what I as thinking. I dont see the "turtle texture" that I have observed on my Kansas fossils.

post-6661-0-67227100-1397310175_thumb.jpg

crab dactyl

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Nice find Phil. It does look crustacean to me but I haven't seen any crabby material from our trans/regressive deposits.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

I vote crab also. Like Gus said, that one little dot left on the end says crab.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG