Whiskey Bridge Again

Hit The Deck

We took a couple of the kids to Bryan on the 12th. The teens didn't want to go so I guess they just missed out on a beautiful and bountiful day. Took a bit to get the little ones motivated and loaded so we arrived a little later then I would have liked but all was good. My 2 year old found more fun in throwing rocks into the Brazos then fossil hunting but he did find a few Gastropods. I found my first Squid Beak and a nice Cornulina Armigera. I haven't found anything that size there that wasn't all busted up so I was stoked. Another plus: got the kids back just as they were pulling the first pot at a good friends crawfish boil so all in all a great day!

PS. Whoever was there with the Weimaraner I hope you all had a good day, loved your pup. I wish I could let my dog roam like that but if I turned mine loose there he would still be running North -West up the Brazos!!!! lol

post-2688-0-88370600-1398100337_thumb.jpg

post-2688-0-27612500-1398100366_thumb.jpg

post-2688-0-18996800-1398100697_thumb.jpg

post-2688-0-32674600-1398100711_thumb.jpg

Gotta love those Whiskey gastro's, would like to hunt there one day but so many places to hunt in Texas when you have such short hunting time during visits----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

2 excellent finds for that site. You did well.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Congrats! That's an amazing Cornulina from Whiskey Bridge!

Also, that kind of "beak" has been identified now as a "posterior prong". ;)

• I found this Informative 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

What is the age of this fauna?

Eocene

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thanks for the update and the link. So are Squid Beaks found at this location or are the Belosaepiid prongs what has been found there?

Thanks for the update and the link. So are Squid Beaks found at this location or are the Belosaepiid prongs what has been found there?

Pretty much all such are actually Belosaepiid prongs. The early assumptions have been overturned.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!