Need Some Help Identifying This Possible Fossil Skull

BLM1862

• New Members

I could use some help identifying this possible fossil skull. I found it while out prospecting on the Platte River just NE of St. Joseph, MO. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The picture didn't load. Make sure the picture size isn't over 2 mb. Looking forward to seeing that picture and welcome to the Forum!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

• New Members

For whatever reason I'll have to figure out why the jpeg will not load?

• New Members

I'm new here and I'll try this again... I just found this object in the Platte River just NE of St. Joseph, MO while out prospecting. It ended up in my sluice box and just stood out as something special. Any help identifying this as a fossil or not would be greatly appreciated! If it is, I'd like to know what?

post-15395-0-61853800-1400967756_thumb.jpg

post-15395-0-56556500-1400967773_thumb.jpg

Welcome!

Sorry i don't see a skull, but for that matter i don't see much of anything. It's hard to make out anything that can be ID'd. Could you please snap some clearer pics?

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

BLM1862,

Welcome to our Fossil Forum. I do see what looks like an eye socket, jaw line and triangular teeth. But sorry to say you have a pseudofossil, that has a form that appears to be a skull.

I know this might be a let down, but wouldn't you rather know the truth? I might add you have a good eye for finding things. This attribute can serve you well while fossil hunting.