Please Help Id Tooth, Horn, Scale?

stoogeco

Hello all. I am new to this community, and am seeking help. I have this fossil that came in a lot of other fossils that we purchased recently. I'm trying to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!

post-15446-0-87153200-1401421432_thumb.jpg

post-15446-0-79692600-1401421440_thumb.jpg

post-15446-0-25108400-1401421466_thumb.jpg

Can you add some larger pictures? I can't make out anything diagnostic in these ones. Did the seller give you any sort of information as to the origin of this specimen? It could be important in getting an accurate identification. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you all for looking. Here are the photos that I took this morning. Sorry for the confusion on the earlier photos.

post-15446-0-26960900-1401451734_thumb.jpg

post-15446-0-95778100-1401451745_thumb.jpg

post-15446-0-81946100-1401451764_thumb.jpg

post-15446-0-48620300-1401451779_thumb.jpg

post-15446-0-09126400-1401451795_thumb.jpg

As for any other information, unfortunately, I have none. These came along with a lot of other dinosaur prints/bones and dung. I hope someone can help me to identify. Thanks again!

It seems too perfectly shaped to be just a rock.

If it is from a dino, my guess is that it's a armor spike from a Ankylosaurus. But i know almost nothing of dino fossils, so take my thought with a grain of salt.

Hopefully we can get an ID on this. But i think further information such as what formation is mandatory for an ID.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

guess my old eyes aren't seeing the bony structure, it looks like a rock, am guessing of course

Can you get a real close-up of the texture? I'm leaning towards suggestively shaped rock or carved rock. It's just too smooth to be bone. Spikes, etc. have a lot of blood vessels feeding them, which causes a very rough, porous look.

I do not see bone or anything that suggests a spike. Looks more like a formed rock.

Maybe basalt?

post-423-0-89811300-1401493318_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Funny rock... Yes. Ankylosaurs scute is the best Dino guess, but that is on shape alone. Ankylo scutes have a very distinctive texture.... This neither ankylosaur nor plain ole dinosaur texture.

It looks like one of the carvings that are frequently sold as fossil rhino horns-

post-2301-0-16054400-1401533197_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

It looks like one of the carvings that are frequently sold as fossil rhino horns-

<ding-ding-ding>

You nailed it!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!