I Bet This Is A Bird! & ...?

wammy12

• New Members

I got this "rock" its full of fossils in it.... and one appears to be a little bird. The people I showed dont agree saying that birds are not that small. I disagree. Its very clearly a bird. I think. Lol. And what is this entire thing anyways? How did a bird end up with shells and 9ne l9oks like a large shell but.... idk. you tell me. Please. And appx what is the value of this entire rock or whatever? And did I ruin the value by coating it with clear resin? Thanks for any info and help. :)

Welcome to the forum. I don't see a photo, can you try to reupload?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

• New Members

I tried like 5 times. When I put choose this file it reloads and says sum type of error msg in bold but wont let me scroll down to actually read it.

• New Members

This cannot be loaded via the chrome something... I even tried basic upload....

Do you have an email address or phone I could send pictures to maybe?

Also we do not assign a value to anything here. The value is what the fossil means to you and what the buyer is willing to pay.

I guess you could always upload the pic to flickr or something and put a link here if you're having trouble.

Welcome to the fossil forum :)

wammy12...

The Fossil Forum is in the process of being upgraded technologically and while this is happening a number of people have been experiencing problems with uploading pictures. This might be the cause of your inability to upload the picture for this post.

Thanks for your patience,

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Which is funny because I have never been able to upload photos but today it let me. I normally use photobucket.

Your image files are probably too big. Look in our FAQ forum; there are two topics that will walk you through it.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!