Hello From East Tennessee !

MeRocks

Glad to know I'm not the only one with my eyes on the ground. As a kid I always liked looking for interesting rocks ,I would find and carry them home and stack them up, eventually someone in the family would throw them over the bank behind the house never to be seen again. Now as an adult what I find is all mine and the need to hunt is stronger than ever- fossils, arrow heads , gold prospecting, metal detecting , lose your keys in the grass ? Let me look for them ! Every car we drive has rocks under the seat or in the cubby holes and arm rest ,need to get those out one day, drives my husband nuts. Where we live is little sea kritters corner to corner this layer of rock has this and walk ten foot and find something a little different . So when I get bored I go out side and hunt fossil rocks . I find the names of some but others I just make up names for them , like" frozen cow pies" = stroms. Now I have all the great people on the fossil forum to help me with the correct names and the pictures to compare them to . The people on this forum are finding some great fossils and I enjoy seeing them . This forum rocks !!!!!

Welcome to the Forum from Connecticut. :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome to the Forum :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

As a kid I always liked looking for interesting rocks ,I would find and carry them home and stack them up, eventually someone in the family would throw them over the bank behind the house never to be seen again.

As a kid, my dad would take us camping cross country every summer. I would find fossils, plant samples, and other curios. I would hide them in the camper and my mom and dad would try to find them to throw them out. It was a fun game of hide-and-go-seek.

They were flabbergasted one year when I was able to smuggle a whole ox skull back without them finding it. :D

Welcome.

Welcome to the Forum from an old Ridgerunner. Grew up in the Jonesborough area long ago, now on the west coast.

Edited by CH4ShotCaller

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

• 1 year later...