Found In Nj Creek

ChesterCounntyPA

You need to take some better pictures, where the fossils are all inside the border of the pic, and aren't at an oblique angle. Then we might could help you.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

One piece looks like a mosasaur tooth though smaller than I'd expect. The other three pieces look like concretions or peebles. The piece on the right looks deceptively like bone but is probably a concretion. NJ streams cutting through Cretaceous strata are a cornucopia of deceptive concretions which look like just about anything a fossil collector would want to find. I always pick up a few interesting concretions which look like fossils, bring them home, give them a closer look and they usually end up in the back yard.

The fossil at the far left is part of a sawfish rostral tooth, most likely Ischyrhiza mira. Next to that is a mosasaur tooth. Not sure of the others.

The contrasting tip of the saw fish rostral tooth and the 'squared' off bottom are key indicators for this type of tooth.

That is a pretty nice mosasaur tooth as well.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

1. Sawfish rostral tooth

2. Mosasaur tooth

3. Partial water worn Alligator or Croc scute

4. Short and stubby bone frag origin unknown

Cool finds!

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

close ups of the end of the "bone" would help. You're good fossilized6s. That could be a chunk of croc scute. Could be concretion though.

I could post countless pictures of concretions from Big Brook that look exactly like bone but upon close inspection are nothing more interesting than concretions. I also find water worn peebles of every size and shape which look like teeth, fangs, bones, wood and you name it. If I kept them all I'd have no room for my real fossils.

Yes, i would take a few more pics of #3 from all angles. If the bottom of #3 is completely flat and smooth it's a partial scute in my book.

#4 does look like a bone, but more pics are necessary for confirmation.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Many, many thanks to all of you! I'll post better pictures of 3 and 4 to help with identification.

I photographed the "scute" (still top side up) and "bone" from the side, in picture 3. The "scute" is turned over in photos 1 and 2 and photographed from two other different sides - photo 1 where the side tapers a bit and photo 2 where it is wider and may be a broken edge. It is flatish on the reverse side, but not completely flat and there is at least one slight crater on the edge (photo 1). I can't seem to get better pictures of the "bone" ends.

Thanks again!

post-12897-0-96954300-1413774849_thumb.jpg

post-12897-0-94605800-1413774885_thumb.jpg

post-12897-0-54565200-1413774896_thumb.jpg