Member of the Month - May 2018 - Caldigger

Kane

For almost everyone, the fossil season is now in full swing with April showers leading to May flowers. The flora is bursting with vibrant colours on full display, and spring is certainly here to stay. Abundant sunlight and lengthening days for those in the northern hemisphere mean being out playing in the field for much longer. And with May bounding in , it also means it is time to announce our Member of the Month!

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:     Caldigger   :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

This austere, no-nonsense fellow brings a sobering, gravid, and serious tone to TFF. His knack for making even stand-up comedians sit down, and clowns to stop their clowning to ponder the deeper meanings of life under a grey cloud of existential thought, is matched only by his ability to bring order, reason, and reflective quiet to even the most unruly of frat parties.  His stern and cold reasoning elevates TFF to the level of the polite, harrumphing, serious faculty lounge with its tweed and dust without a mote of jocularity or levity.

Just kidding!

In all seriousness, Doren can be seen lightening the mood around here with his abundant humour and quick wit in his almost five years with us. Apart from his penchant to bring a smile to our faces, or a chuckle erupting out of our throats, Doren is much more than our merry prankster: he is also incredibly generous to this forum in providing encouragement to our members, and in all that he has done with our auctions and trades to benefit the forum in rallying, tweaking, and perking these into grand events that many of our members follow with rapt interest and excitement. While we may think of ourselves as those who crack rocks, Doren cracks us up, too. Those who have been on a receiving end of his trades and gifts can speak to his kindness and generousity with epic packages brimming with goodness. Doren is more than a forum stand-up comedian: he is an all-round stand-up guy. I think he even agreed to send me all his trilobites as a sign of his bribery goodwill. :P 

Doren, Thanks for all you do and contribute here on the Forum!

Congratulations Sir! Wear this Crown with joy as you earned it!

But who is the man behind the laughter? Doren, delight us with your epic saga on how you came to discover fossils in your life, and this forum. We promise to laugh with you, not at you! :D 

On behalf of the staff here on TFF, congratulations!

• I found this Informative 8

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

• Fossildude19 featured this topic

Congratulations, Doren!

Long overdue, and well deserved.

Thanks for all you bring to the Forum. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congratulations Doren! Extremely well deserved recognition!

Happy hunting,

Mason

Congratulations Doren very well deserved indeed. Your are a role model to many TFF members. Hope you have a lovely month.

cheers Bobby

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Member of the Month - May 2018 - Caldigger

Definitely bribery and payoffs going on here..... congrats!!!!

• I found this Informative 1

About blinking time. 

I thought it was an error that Doren didn't have that MOTM icon thingy under his name. 

Though for a second reading this post I thought we were talking about another Caldigger. 

Congratulations, Doren. :yay-smiley-1:

Thank again for the fossils that you sent me and thanks doubly for being so much fun and mocking my hats.

Cheers! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Congrats, Doren!

Shows that dry wit and arcane humor do not preclude someone from wearing the MOTM crown. :P Your efforts to fill the forum with information and the forum's coffers with greenbacks to keep things running have not gone unnoticed. Thanks for your part in making TFF what it is.

Now, let's peel back some layers and hear your origin story.

Cheers.

-Ken

Woohoo, well done Doren!!! You do definitely deserve it! :yay-smiley-1: 

And, as others have said, it's surprising that you didn't get it earlier. 

Anyways, I am also eager to read your journey to the world of fossils and of TFF:popcorn:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Although in the past you sometimes took Forum appropriateness to the edge, no one can doubt your dedication as a member or your camaraderie.  Congrats and thanks for sticking around.  

:P  ;) 

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I know of many members of TFF that I think are deserving of this award. You were definitely one of them. My list has been shortened by one!!!  Is it by coincidence though that Kane, digit, Fossildude19, and JohnJ are all driving new Porsches?

10 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

Is it by coincidence though that Kane, digit, Fossildude19, and JohnJ are all driving new Porsches?

Mere coincidence--mine's a new Tesla. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

17 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

I know of many members of TFF that I think are deserving of this award. You were definitely one of them. My list has been shortened by one!!!  Is it by coincidence though that Kane, digit, Fossildude19, and JohnJ are all driving new Porsches?

I don't drive, but I'm totally loving my solid gold bicycle. :D 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Geez I guess they will just give this title to anyone.:P Congratulations Doren! This is truly well deserved! :yay-smiley-1:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Congrats Doren! :yay-smiley-1:

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Excellent choice and about time, congrats Doren :yay-smiley-1:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

@caldigger

Congratulations, Doren!!!  :yay-smiley-1:

You've brought a lot of fun to this forum - I'm looking forward to hearing your back story... :popcorn:

@caldigger Doren come out and plaaayaaay! Where are you?! No time to be bashful now! Everybody wants to hear your story!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.