Oxford Fossil Show

Notidanodon

Hi guys 

I have never been to one of the Oxford shows and I was wondering whether it would be worth me going?

Does anyone have any advice? I saw in a previous thread that some people have been there, but weren't so sure on the quality?  :)

Thanks.  (Also is anyone going?)

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Oxford Fossil Show

If it's not too far for you, have a go at it. 

Items at shows do change from show to show and a dull,  ho- hum show one year might be quite exciting the next.  Especially if there are finds being unearthed from new sites.

If you do decide to go, please let us know how it went. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Sadly I wont be going this year as transport is a massive issue, not getting myself there but getting 100's of fossils there without my own transport ....well yeah there are a few decent sellers there but there is a lot of gem, mineral sellers.

This show is held every few months. Have been tempted to go. But the Mrs often works on weekends, and by the time I am done with child care, taxiing etc, it wouldn't be worth my while to arrive late in the afternoon. 

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png MotM August 2023 - Eclectic Collector

Having exhibited there with Matt I found it pretty poor certainly compared to Bakewell. There are few affordable fossils and it’s mostly minerals. If it’s close to you pop along but if it’s a trek I wouldn’t bother. 

4 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

Having exhibited there with Matt I found it pretty poor certainly compared to Bakewell. There are few affordable fossils and it’s mostly minerals. If it’s close to you pop along but if it’s a trek I wouldn’t bother. 

thanks then i guess its a bit too fsr for me (2 and  bit hours)

I would not bother ether what you spend on the travel just added to a online sale. I have not been to a fossil show in the U.K. for some time. I do like going just for people watching especially around the shiney crystal magic vendor.  I may go to Bakewell. :D