Let’s See Your BIG Fossils!

FossilNerd

1 hour ago, HamptonsDoc said:

Here’s my 64 inch Sauropod femur in my living room! Found on private land in Colorado (not by me), likely Camarasaur. 

137A0C91-426D-4A9D-BC4A-53C4A2309759.thumb.jpeg.0b16aae9cc84bf2c3d7b78cd9984a2fc.jpeg

Wow. That's huge. Nice fossil.  

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, RuMert said:

That thing can break the floor:D

It almost broke my back bringing it in the house. I was in pain for 3 days after. Weights about 250lbs. 

I forgot to mention- my wife only allowed me to buy this if I agreed to allow her to name our daughter who she was pregnant with at the time! Will make an interesting story to tell her when she’s older!

• I found this Informative 3

5 minutes ago, HamptonsDoc said:

It almost broke my back bringing it in the house. I was in pain for 3 days after. Weights about 250lbs. 

I forgot to mention- my wife only allowed me to buy this if I agreed to allow her to name our daughter who she was pregnant with at the time! Will make an interesting story to tell her when she’s older!

That’s an awesome piece! Well worth the price of naming your daughter I think. I would have let my wife name our daughter  whatever she wanted for that big boy! ;) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, HamptonsDoc said:

allow her to name our daughter

So let me guess.  Your daughter's name is " 'My daddy spent all our money on a bone so now I can't go to college'-Joy".  :D  Is that about right? 

• I found this Informative 1

22 hours ago, HamptonsDoc said:

Here’s my 64 inch Sauropod femur in my living room! Found on private land in Colorado (not by me), likely Camarasaur. 

137A0C91-426D-4A9D-BC4A-53C4A2309759.thumb.jpeg.0b16aae9cc84bf2c3d7b78cd9984a2fc.jpeg

That's huge!

My dog would have a fit if I walked into the house carrying that.

Here is my biggest fossil. A Phareodus testis I found in Kemmerer, Wyoming. Me to scale.

Screenshot_20200417-155302.png

• I found this Informative 4

1 hour ago, jnicholes said:

Here is my biggest fossil. A Phareodus testis I found in Kemmerer, Wyoming. Me to scale.

I think I have seen that big boy somewhere before. ;) 

Very nice find! :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)