Just About How Fake Is This Trilobite?

Kurufossils

I think the matrix is real.. :headscratch:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

I do tend to believe this is a fairly good specimen? I don't see any real problems, perhaps the outer parts of the pygidium a bit (not sure, would need better pictures) .. but looks a fairly good specimen to me ..

• I found this Informative 3

I don't think there's anything fake or composite about this one. At most the thorax has been overly carved, but the original substance still appears to be there.

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

In my opinion it's pretty darned good. 

There may have been a bit of touching up, a bit of filler added to the centre of the glabella and a bit of 'improvement' to a few of the pleural spines, but I like this specimen. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Thank you very much for the feedback everyone! It's so tough to have any confidence with most Morroccan trilobites.

4 minutes ago, Ryann10006 said:

Thank you very much for the feedback everyone! It's so tough to have any confidence with most Morroccan trilobites.

Most of the thousands of Moroccan trilobites available every day are genuine, but due to the huge volume and demand a few unscrupulous folk take advantage and fake them. 

Don't forget also that Moroccan preppers and dealers are looking for sales, necessary for their livelihoods, and they believe that the general public will buy 'complete' specimens rather than ones with bits missing or damaged. They mostly genuinely think they are improving the specimens and are not trying to cheat anyone. They will admit what they have added, it is some of the later dealers in the chain  who don't know what 'improvements' have been made or lie about it.  

• I found this Informative 3

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

The difficulty in determining the actual condition is due to the low-res images.  You should insist on better images from the seller. 

This one from my collection has zero restoration.

image.png.875959908aa3f43cad046980059b7dbb.png

• I found this Informative 2

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png