Maybe someone can help identify this

MoRockHunter

Found this strange chunk of something in a creek in southwest missouri, it weighs 6.3 grams feels like their is nothing in your hand when holding it, it is somewhat covered in something white and has a few tiny black spots on the white stuff and kind of has a sulfer type of smell, I know it's not a fossil but I was really hoping someone might have an idea of what it could be?

I thought of maybe old molted lead that cooled but I figured it would be alot heavier.

1577324621169-1674410496.jpg

157732468848833199971.jpg

I agree with slag. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I'm not sure what part of Missouri you are from, but I am in Howell County.  There were a lot of logging camps and semi-permanent logging establishments out where I live.  It looks a lot like some of the "camp lead" that I have found with a metal detector years ago in a couple of those spots.  If you do a "Google" image search for "camp lead metal detecting find" or "civil war camp lead" you will see several images that look similar to your.

Anyone who has ever tried to start an old McCulloch would understand this being what happens when chainsaw meets bonfire. :)

2 hours ago, turtlefoot said:

I'm not sure what part of Missouri you are from, but I am in Howell County.  There were a lot of logging camps and semi-permanent logging establishments out where I live.  It looks a lot like some of the "camp lead" that I have found with a metal detector years ago in a couple of those spots.  If you do a "Google" image search for "camp lead metal detecting find" or "civil war camp lead" you will see several images that look similar to your.

A little south of springfield, and that was one of my first thoughts because a couple months ago my wife found an old civil war bullet but it was real heavy compared to this, thanks.