Very Large Fossil Leaf's!!!

RJB

My youngest son found this leaf last year and its been sittin im my garage for awhile.  I had my middle son trim up the rock and ready for me to do my majic.   Found in Colorado, Green River Formation, Eocene

RB

With just some careful brushing with some cut Glyptal you can see how the left side is much better now.

DSCN0460.JPG.20956cc9f84a973a6031d82ec52d8d0d.JPG

I did just a tad bit of scribing to expose the tips and stems of the two little leafs and then some more careful brushing with my glyptal and WA LAAA!!! 

DSCN0468.JPG.b10f10fd1096a63e9316280e562d104a.JPG

• I found this Informative 10

Great job! Your work is incredible.

By the way, is that Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer's phone number I see over the bench?  If so, could you provide the area code? (lol)

17 minutes ago, PODIGGER said:

By the way, is that Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer's phone number I see over the bench?  If so, could you provide the area code? (lol)

Ron has an "in" with Santa. :P

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Wow - that's really a nice leaf !

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Ron has an "in" with Santa. :P

That's it! 

The reason that there is so much wonderful stuff in Ron's shed is that Santa stores his fossil stock there! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

8 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

That's it! 

The reason that there is so much wonderful stuff in Ron's shed is that Santa stores his fossil stock there! :)

Lucky Ron !

Really nice and size is huge !

• I found this Informative 2

Very nice!!  Never seen one that large outside of a museum.  Who says size doesn't matter? 

7 hours ago, PODIGGER said:

Thank you and its actually Rudolfo.  He is our chiminey sweep. 

Thanks to everyone else and its not my leaf.  My son is going to pick up both sides tomorrow.  Then I can go find a lonely spot behind the house and cry softly. 

RB

21 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

That's it! 

Maybe he IS Santa! :blink:

• I found this Informative 2

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.