Myrtle beach: Fish skulls??

PSchleis

I know what a sea robin skull looks like - these are not that. The top of these are smooth, not pitted. The underside shows holes that begin at one end of the fossil and exit at the other side (I don't know the official term, maybe a cavity that fit an artery or tendon?)

It's possible that not all three of these are the same - two look similar, one is a little different.

If not skulls, part of a vertebra maybe?

Thanks for any help - and I'm sorry for the photos. The light isn't cooperating with me. I have a no-flash and a flash image of each side of the trio, whatever helps you see what you need to see.

head1.jpg

head1bright.jpg

head2.jpg

head2bright.jpg

Yup. 

They look like bits of Sea Robin skulls. 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

they could be pieces of sea robin as Fossildude 19 suggests (one is almost surely that) or they could be other fish basioccipitals. There is one that looks for all the world like half an english walnut meat. Am sure there must be some lit on these things. I googled "fossil fish basioccipital bones" and got a lot of pics of things like yours. 

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Plax said:

they could be pieces of sea robin as Fossildude 19 suggests (one is almost surely that) or they could be other fish basioccipitals. There is one that looks for all the world like half an english walnut meat. Am sure there must be some lit on these things. I googled "fossil fish basioccipital bones" and got a lot of pics of things like yours. 

Thanks, Plax! Looking forward to doing a little research. I have a couple dozen sea robin skulls and they are relatively flat on top with a starburst pattern of what looks like marrow. These heads are domed and smooth. I don't think the smoothness is erosion - there isn't the slightest hint of marrow on top. I really think it's some other kind of fish. Now you've given me a new word to look up :)