Darktooth's New Display Cabinet

Darktooth

Yesterday I brought home a new display cabinet to show off my collection of sharkteeth. Today I had time to start fiddling with the set-up. This cabinet is on the small side but I liked the looks and the price was right. This is mainly to house my sharkteeth but I have added a few other items as well. Here is a pic of how it looks now. I am not sure if this is how it will stay. I do not want to have it too cluttered, but i also want to fit in as much as possible. This cabinet stands about 41 inches tall, 36 inches wide, and about 14 inches deep.

20200126_140821.jpg

• I found this Informative 15

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

2 minutes ago, Pterygotus said:

Nice!!! :thumbsu:

Thank-you! This is the first cabinet that I have that I dont have to share with anyone else.:D

• I found this Informative 1

18 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Very attractive indeed.:)

18 minutes ago, Arlie said:

I like it and don’t think it’s cluttered at all. Very nice! 

Thanks guys! Here is a pic with the doors closed. I do wish that the glass did not have the wood bars making viewing difficult with the doors shut, but I think it makes for a nice home for my goodies. Like I said before the price was decent considering it is real wood.

20200126_140910.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

19 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I do wish that the glass did not have the wood bars

I can't see how the glass is mounted; but if it's easily removable, a fine-toothed saw and some touch-up stain could make your wish come true. It looks great just like it is; but I too can see the desirability of no obscuring woodwork.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

See what niceties you can now budget in now that those nasty stink sticks are out if your life and no longer a financial burden. 

:thumbsu:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

8 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

I can't see how the glass is mounted; but if it's easily removable, a fine-toothed saw and some touch-up stain could make your wish come true. It looks great just like it is; but I too can see the desirability of no obscuring woodwork.

The glass is mounted with plastic/ vinyl strips that are shoved around the inside of the wood frame and holds the glass in place. I like your idea but I would be afraid to take those pieces out, because i dont know how easy it would be to put back in. 

9 minutes ago, caldigger said:

See what niceties you can now budget in now that those nasty stink sticks are out if your life and no longer a financial burden. 

:thumbsu:

Well honestly, this was purchased by my company's gym membership reimbursement program and the end of the quarter attendance bonus. But because I have quit smoking this was a gift to myself that was "Wife Approved". She actually suggested it.:)

That's a beautiful cabinet, Darktooth; and a very impressive display of some equally impressive finds.  I like the arrangement, and see that you have left room for an additional standing riker mount for the bottom shelf, right-hand-side.  Time to get busy filling one up.  :P

Here is something I put together today especially for this display over the years I have recieved Sharktooth Hill material from members @ynot, @caldigger, and most recently @siteseer. These were purchases and auction win. Originally I was going to do a riker with just STH teeth but then I decided to do one dedicated to Makos in General. So this riker contain. Teeth I liked the best from each member plus 2 of my best Calvert Cliff finds, plus one modern mako that I picked up last summer. I with have to finish labaling when I get the chance. I want to Thank these members for these pieces. Fyi- I did receive many more but those were given to my kids and nephews for their collections.

20200126_134418.jpg

14 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

But because I have quit smoking this was a gift to myself that was "Wife Approved". She actually suggested it.:)

I love it when wives suggest the purchase of something the hubby wants.

In my experience it doesn't happen as often as we would like.

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

8 minutes ago, grandpa said:

That's a beautiful cabinet, Darktooth; and a very impressive display of some equally impressive finds.  I like the arrangement, and see that you have left room for an additional standing riker mount for the bottom shelf, right-hand-side.  Time to get busy filling one up.  :P

Yeah I noticed that empty space too! I am hoping to get away for a hunt sometime soon.

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I love it when wives suggest the purchase of something the hubby wants.

In my experience it doesn't happen as often as we would like.

When you wish upon a star.................  

Your dreams come true.................:rolleyes:

I also wanted to show some teeth that @sharkdoctor was kind enough to send recently. Here is a nice chub in a floating frame. I need to get more of these frames.

20200126_153635.jpg

This past year I recieved some nice Belgium teeth from @gigantoraptor. We were not sure if these were Otodus aksuaticus or auriculatus. Both are found at the location. I am leaning towards auriculatus, but either way they are very fine additions to the collection. Thank-you Thijs! I also received some other teeth which made some children very happy!:thumbsu:

20200126_161646.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

4 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

This past year I recieved some nice Belgium teeth from @gigantoraptor. We were not sure if these were Otodus aksuaticus or auriculatus. Both are found at the location. I am leaning towards auriculatus, but either way they are very fine additions to the collection. Thank-you Thijs! I also received some other teeth which made some children very happy.

Glad you still like them and very happy to know you could use the other teeth for something like that.

You have a very nice collection and it's beautifel displayed.

13 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

Glad you still like them and very happy to know you could use the other teeth for something like that.

You have a very nice collection and it's beautifel displayed.

Thank-you! Anytime that I receive multiple fossils I pick out what interests me most, then I let my kids pick, then either my nephews or Godchildren pick and anything left I give away to kids at presentations or our local show. There were many, many smiles this past year.

Nice cabinet and I really like your shark collection especially with  the cool modal . I wish I had room for a glass display cabinet but our house is to small.  Cheers Bobby