nj Cretaceous tooth id please

brad hinkelman

if some one can id this tooth pleasealthough worn and ,bottom and top damaged, could it be plesiosaur

pl1.jpg

pl2.jpg

pl3.jpg

pl4.jpg

pl5.jpg

pl6.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Awesome find. It looks very similar to one I found.  So I would say yes but I would have the experts give their inputs. Congrats!

Looks more like Xiphactinus. Could we get more views with it on a surface and not between fingers?

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Yeah the tooth is definitely Xiphactinus.

That plesi vert is great!

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

10 minutes ago, brad hinkelman said:

and Xiphactinus teeth have that root canal hole ?

Some might, not sure actually haven’t looked to see if any have that hole.

36 minutes ago, brad hinkelman said:

not saying it isn't x fish but the pictures may be misleading ,really looks like this ples tooth in picture that has 1 cutting edge here...https://njfossils.com/cimoliasaurus-magnus/

pleas33.jpg

Haha yeah my website hasn’t been worked on in a while. That tooth above is actually Croc.

2 minutes ago, The Jersey Devil said:

Haha yeah my website hasn’t been worked on in a while. That tooth above is actually Croc.

oh :) ddidn'tknow that was your site,awesome

47 minutes ago, brad hinkelman said:

oh :) ddidn'tknow that was your site,awesome

Thanks. I am planning on doing updates on it this summer

• I found this Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent finds! Always nice to see the "rarer oddities" outside shark teeth and belemnites. That's the stuff that really keeps you jazzed.