Becky Benfer

Funny shape on top isn’t it though? I even thought I saw small legs in the back. (Clearly I’m not very good at this !) 

Thank you for your help!

56 minutes ago, Becky Benfer said:

Funny shape on top isn’t it though? I even thought I saw small legs in the back. (Clearly I’m not very good at this !) 

Thank you for your help!

Definitely a funny shape, we humans are hardwired to look for patterns. It was and is essential to our survival. Unfortunately we are so good at it we find pattens we wish to see sometimes where there are none. I’m very guilty of this when it comes to fossils... that’s why it’s so important to have peer review in science.

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Becky Benfer said:

Thank you for your help!

I would have brought this home, too.  No, it's not a fossil, but it's fun to celebrate our imaginations sometimes. Like castles in the clouds. 

To my slightly askew mind your rock looked like a frog resting on its hind legs, with its head reaching toward the sky. Maybe it was looking at the clouds. Or begging to be petted by it's master. Or for food. I know, I know. I'm a little weird sometimes. I like your rock though, even though it's not a fossil.

5e3c37e4d0e59_pareidoliarock1.jpg.64e7b40d12e7ad48aea172d7bc0c782e.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.