Community fossil prepping lab?

Godrel

I am wondering if there are places that have a community prepping lab, where equipment is shared between members and people can give advice and help each other out, similar to a maker space? If there are places like that could anyone point me to one somewhere in Illinois preferably close to central Illinois.

• I found this Informative 1

You could/ should contact local rock clubs and inquire with them. If they don't have facilities, they can surely point you in the right direction.

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Also, 

You might check with some nearby museums, and see if they have any volunteer positions in their prep lab. (If they have one.) 

Besides learning and prepping museum specimens, you might be able to work on your own fossils, if the museum is amenable to that. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Also check with colleges and universities.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Springfield, Il. has a gem and mineral club. I don't know about U of I in Champaign. Do not know anything about them. Fossil prep labs that share are few and far between I suspect.