readinghiker

Moving on to another species.  Any ideas as to what this might be?  I have six in the collection from the Cabezon fauna.  This is the only complete one (with all of the root).  I will send four pictures .

Thanks!

Randy

20200210_152844743.png

20200210_152558387.png

41 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

Looks like some type of Sclerorhynchid similar to Ischyrhiza.

I was thinking that too.  It's just that it looks more inflated or globular than Ischyrhiza or other sclerorynchids.  I was looking at Texatrygon but keep going back to the Ischyrhiza general form.

Jess

• I found this Informative 2

I'm thinking a sclerorhynchid, as well.  However, I.mira has more of a pointed apex on the cusp, none of the six teeth I have do, they are all rounded.

The labial face doesn't have the pronounced overhang of the root that mira has.  And most of the flanges on either side of the cusp of mira slope downward.

Five of the six of mine stay horizontal.  And the flanges  on mine have some concavities in them, rather than the smooth edges i see on photos of mira.  According to Shark References,

there are seven valid species of Ischyrhiza known from the Cretaceous.  Does anyone have any photos of anything besides mira?

Thanks!

Randy