Manticocerasman

Winter storm fossil hunting at the coast

nala

Stunning finds and report! after a strong tempest ,it's the best to find good fossils!

Ludwigia

It sure does pay off sometimes to be close to the source! That Cymatoceras is going to be a stunner and congrats on that complete Turrilites!

FossilsAnonymous

I love the echinoids!

Monica

:default_faint::envy:

Great job, Kevin and Natalie!!!  The echinoids are great, but the nautiloid and heteromorph ammonite are fantastic!!!  Do I sense a "Fossil of the Month" entry or two??? :zzzzscratchchin::)

Fossildude19

Great report, and lovely finds.  :drool:

Congratulations Kevin and Natalie. 

Well done. :) 

ziggycardon

Great finds as usual, gosh I really should visit this place one day :D 
Thanks for sharing! 

The Amateur Paleontologist

Really nice pictures, amazing fossils - the prep on the Cymatoceras and the Hypoturrilites is looking good!

Edited by The Amateur Paleontologist

RJB

holy Cow!  Wish I could have been there to experience those finds, even if to only watch.   Nice!

RB

Ruger9a

Wow, some really nice finds and great prep work as well.  It looks like a beautiful place to hunt fossils, especially on dryer, sunny days.  Sounds like Natalie is your lucky "rabbit foot", she made some wonderful finds.  Did your friends find some fossils as well?  Hope they enjoyed their first hunting trip.

Manticocerasman
19 minutes ago, Ruger9a said:

Wow, some really nice finds and great prep work as well.  It looks like a beautiful place to hunt fossils, especially on dryer, sunny days.  Sounds like Natalie is your lucky "rabbit foot", she made some wonderful finds.  Did your friends find some fossils as well?  Hope they enjoyed their first hunting trip.

Yes, our friends did find quite a few fossils to, mostly ammonites , but also some fossil sponges, brachiopods and Inoceramus shells.

I'll see if they can send me some pictures of their finds this week, I'll make sure to post them

Ruger9a

Great!  I'm too old to go on field trips so I really enjoy looking at photos from others.  Thanks for posting them. 

Shamalama

Super finds! Sometimes all those nasty storms leave behind some treasure. :)

belemniten

Nice finds (as always) :D Congrats!

Jeffrey P

Congratulations on some amazing finds and a great report and pics. Glad you were able to take advantage of the opportunity nature provided. 

Nimravis

Really some great finds!! Love them all.

deutscheben

What a delightful hunt, the storm really rewarded you guys for your initiative. The Hypoturrilltes is simply spectacular and I love the color on the Cymatoceras as well. 

Ludwigia

Nice! Just a little bit of putty in that gap on the Cymatoceras should do the trick.

Manticocerasman

update on a few preps:

a Cunningtoniceras inerme:

as found:

IMG_9939.thumb.JPG.e87412bee7f418c83ddaca1ca987f452.JPG

Preparation:

IMG_9996.thumb.JPG.8a966f2c794c8f72ed7a43f66f1aef3a.JPGIMG_9998.thumb.JPG.ca30a42fba12a7884621393e3aa9a741.JPGIMG_0001.thumb.JPG.6c71a543aeca8df183196fbdf610d73b.JPG

And a Acanthoceras rhotomagense:

IMG_0003.thumb.JPG.2fb3ff23cdef58d10905e8d2f8d33bdd.JPGIMG_0005.thumb.JPG.957dfab613dd0745d72abc6ec4fa715d.JPG

Shamalama

Wow, Fantastic prep work on both of those. Dare I say, cunning prep work?  :ninja:

Manticocerasman
17 minutes ago, Shamalama said:

Wow, Fantastic prep work on both of those. Dare I say, cunning prep work?  :ninja:

tenor.gif?itemid=7320811

:P  cunning wordplay 

Manticocerasman
On 17-2-2020 at 2:36 PM, Ruger9a said:

Ruger, those are a few pictures of the fossils our friends found, but they still need to prep some:

IMG_0020.thumb.JPG.b0665cd937b92965e61ec8ee1b6968e1.JPGIMG_0023.JPG.c14de747befd922110a188f995cfdd05.JPGIMG_0024.JPG.197dc06f90693bdef686a67e61bcdab5.JPGIMG_0025.JPG.aa12aa30ebbd3e78ae7a9fb2f33efc29.JPGIMG_0026.JPG.1973708dab7e8dc644f95c29c67cebf3.JPGIMG_0021.JPG.f4708551443d90608250b5d2880d375b.JPGIMG_0022.JPG.5f5a4e10900b83eac95fe41964bc4962.JPG

Ruger9a

Bet they were pleased with the results of their first fossil hunting trip.  Some nice finds that will clean up nicely.  Are they going to start practicing their prepping skills as well?